Car Hire In Larnaca, Cyprus
We highly recommend hiring a car for the villa as there are lots of things to see in Cyprus. You can either pick up your car from the airport or book a car when you are at the villa.
If you book a car before you travel and collect it from Larnaca Airport you will be liable for airport taxes.
We have had very good experiences with Stevens Car Rentals (below) and you may also be interested in our car hire experience comments below.
Cheap Flight to Larnaca Search:
Cyprus Car Hire Companies
There are a number of car hire desks situated in the arrivals hall of Larnaca airport.
Car Hire Advice
Having travelled a number of times to Cyprus, I would offer the following notes:
- If you rent your car from Larnaca Aiport, you will pay airport charges of approx. €20
- The big players like Avis will charge for additional drivers at about €5 per day compared to some of the local companies who charge nothing
- Try to avoid being charged a tank of petrol by the car rental company as it is overpriced.
- I once took an 11-month old baby to Larnaca and the child seat was a poorly fitting seat from Avis and cost €5 per day. It may be worth taking your own, especially as you can as part of a baggage allowance.
- Some of the local car hire companies are hard to find at Larnaca airport as they don’t have a desk. You literally have to go outside and look for them.
- The queues for the car hire desks in the airport can be very slow. On my last trip, it took over an hour to get the car from queuing.